Sunday, June 7, 2009

Cupcake Trifles

Trifles are fun to make and super easy. I had frozen a bunch of unfrosted lemon cupcakes and pulled out 4 to make these. I went into germany this weekend and headed to my favorite store to pick up some much needed chocolate chips. While I was there I spotted huge strawberries that were calling my name. I picked some up and knew right away what I was going to do with a bunch of them. I layered mine with homemade whipping cream and I gotta say..it blows cool whip clear out of the water. I love love love whipping cream. When I first made it here I hated it. The reason being was that it wasnt sweetened with anything. I found two very much needed ingredients to put in there and now I love it more than cool whip..wich is a good thing considering they don't sell cool whip here.
Strawberries and Cream Trifles
4 cupcakes..I used lemon flavored ones,torn into pieces
1 large Banana;peeled,split down the middle and chopped up
8-10 strawberries;hulled and chopped up
Whipping Cream
Take a drinking glass and put in enough strawberries and banana's to cover the bottom. Layer whipping cream on top and then take half of a torn up cupcake and make a layer with that. Repeat with whipping cream,strawberries and banana's,the rest of the cupcake and more whipping cream. Repeat process with other glasses. Super simple dessert that eveyone will love. You can play around with any ingredients;maybe using pudding instead of whipping cream. The posibilites are endless.