Friday, June 12, 2009

Buttermilk Chicken Strips


I love chicken strips. I love crispy and moist chicken strips. If you like those exact same things, then please make these. Alot of bloggers have been making these courtesy of Coleen's Recipes. I am no stranger to her recipes. I have already made the ranch dressing mix and loved it! The chicken strips were really moist wich I think had alot to do with soaking it in buttermilk for a few hours. My 3 favorite guys couldn't stop gushing over these and asked me to make them again soon. Thanks again Coleen for another great recipe.

Buttermilk Strips
6 Boneless,skinless chicken breasts
2 cups Buttermilk
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
2 cups Flour
2 Eggs,Beaten
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
Combine buttermilk,beaten eggs,and garlic powder and pour into large resealable bag.(I poured it into a large bowl). Cut chicken into strips and then add to buttermilk mixture. Refridgerate atleast 2 hours. In another resealable bag combine the flour,salt,pepper,and onion powder.

To cook drain chicken and pour liquid into bowl. Dip chicken into flour mixture,shaking off any excess. Dip again into buttermilk,back into the flour and then into a heated pan with 1/2 inch of oil. Repeat with all chicken and discard liquid after use.Cook until done and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.