Sunday, June 28, 2009

Bananarita Smoothies


As the weather gets warmer I rely on smoothies alot. They are a quick snack or breakfast or just a way to cool down for awhile. The humidity in the netherlands is awful sometimes and smoothies are a great way to fight back against it! I first spotted this recipe over at Mommy's Kitchen and she had gotten it from Southern Plate. I frequent both of those places alot and find nothing but wonderful recipes there. All 3 of my guys loved this recipe and it will be one I will making alot this summer. Please forgive the bad photo. I took a bunch but for some reason the lighting in the living room was really off. Plus I just wanted to hurry up so I could enjoy it aswell!
Bananarita Smoothie..makes 4 generous servings
4 Banana's Fresh or Frozen..I always use frozen fruits
1/2 cup Milk..I used coconut milk and it went great!
1/4 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Lime Juice..I used real limes
Ice
Fill blender with ice and the rest of the ingredients. Blend until smooth and enjoy! add more milk or ice to your desired likeness.