Saturday, May 9, 2009

No Bake Cookies


I think No Bakes were the first thing I ever made in cooking class. I've been making these and eating these since forever. It's a super fun and easy recipe to make with the kiddos and this recipe makes alot! of course in a house hold like mine I'm lucky if they will last 4 days. I stick mine in the fridge once they have hardened up..these are sooo yummie when they are cold. I hope everyone out there who is a mom/has a mom/is any kind of mom has a wonderful Mother's Day!
No Bake Cookies..5-7 dozen..I got 7 1/2
4 cups Sugar
1 cup Butter or Margarine;Softened
1 cup Milk
6 TBLSPNS Baking Cocoa
1 cup Creamy or Crunchy Peanut Butter
6 cups Quick-Cooking Oats;uncooked
1 cup Sweetened flaked Coconut or walnuts or a combo or nuthin at all
Combine Oats and coconut in a large bowl;set aside. In a medium saucepan combine sugar,butter,milk,cocoa; mix well. Bring to a boil over low heat; boil for one minute. Add in peanut butter,stirring until melted. Pour mixture into the oats and mix well. At this point I like to let it sit for about 3-5 mins. I noticed if I leave them alone for a few they will thicken up a bit and it makes it easier when dropping them onto the parchment paper. Take several strips of parchment paper,lay them on the counter and drop the mixture by spoonfuls onto it. Let them harden for an hour or so and then transfer them to a sealed container and store in the fridge. I also like to add the paper in between layers of the container..that way they wont stick to one another.