Saturday, May 16, 2009

Honey Mustard Brats


I think bbqing has got to be in my top 5 reasons why I love summer..or decent weather in general. Living in the netherlands reminds me of Oregon..when the weather is nice,you get yourself outside and anything above 65 requires capris:) So whenever we have that kind of weather I ask for a bbq. I still have alot to learn when it comes to grilling on a charcoal grill. Although I love the convience of a gas grill I prefer the smell and taste that charcoal brings..plus if you could see the price of gas grills here, you would faint..I almost did.

I spotted this recipe in one of my Taste of Home magazines and used it tonight. It has a very light honey mustard taste to it but that could be because I used homemade and not store bought. The trick is to make sure you don't leave the brats on one side for very long or it will end up looking like ours did. They still tasted great but I will keep an eye on them better next time.
Grilled Honey Mustard Brats
1 cup Honey Mustard
1/4 cup Mayonnaise ( did u know mayo has 2 n's? I didn't..lol)
2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 tsp. Celery Seed..left out because I didn't have any
8 uncooked Brats
8 Brat Buns
In a small bowl combine the 4 ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup of it into a large resealable plastic bag; add brats,seal and turn to coat. Store in fridge for 30mins. Cover and frefridgerate left over sauce. Coat grill rack with nonstick spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade. Grill brats,covered, over medium heat for 10minutes, turning frequently. Baste with 2 tablespoons of reserved sauce; grill 3 minutes longer. Turn and baste with 2 tablespoons sauce; grill 3-5 minutes longer or until no longer pink. Serve on buns with remaining sauce.