Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Chocolate Chip Mufins


I have to drive into germany when I want chocolate chips. It seems weird for me to say that..I drive to germany to buy chocolate chips. I live in the netherlands and I go to another country to get what I need. The whole idea of actually living here is so bizarre to me sometimes but thats not what this post is about. I have to drive there because for some unknown odd reason, they don't sell chocolate chips here in any form and the only kind I can get in germany is plain chocolate chip. I'm not complaining though!!

So once a month my husband I go to this store that I love. It reminds me of a few stores back home. Now to get the chocolate chips I need, I have to actually justify this purchase. The reason being is that they cost a pretty penny. They only come in small boxes wich measure out to about a 1/2 cup. So in order to make alot of the things I want to, I need to buy several boxes. I usually buy 4 boxes at a time and that costs me in american dollars just under 7.00. That seems like alot to me..lol Now I realise you can infact break up chocolate bars and use those in recipes and I do, do that when I'm in a pinch. However it just never really seems to be as good as buying semi sweet chocolate chips. So whenever I know Im about to go I always plan out what Im going to make. I love bake or break blog. I am always lurking over there and drooling over all the wonderul goodies that are being baked. I had a craving for chocolate chip muffins and headed over there to see if I could find one. I did and they are perfect. Wow they are perfect. The only problem I see myself having with these is controlling myself around them. I ate two without even knowing I did it. These are that good.

Chocolate Chip Muffins..12
1 1/2 cups Flour
1/3 cup Sugar
1/4 cup packed Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 Eggs
1/2 cup Unsalted Butter,melted and slightly cooled
1/2 cup Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 cup semi sweet Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 375 or 190 celccius. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups. In a large bowl mix flour,sugar,brown sugar,baking powder,baking soda,cinnamon,and salt; set aside. In a seperate bowl beat the eggs. Stir in the melted butter,milk, and vanilla. Add to flour mixture,stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon batter into muffin cups. Bake for 20-22 mins or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Serve warm