Sunday, April 26, 2009

Peanutbutter Chocolate Chip Cookies


I didn't mean to take so long to post a new recipe but we have had such an abnormal streak of beautiful weather and I have been out enjoying it. I love this time in the netherlands. I've been busy planting a small veggie garden in pots and hopefully that will work out. It's my first time and I'm nervous about it.

On to these cookies! I love peanut butter cookies. I can't eat them all the time because they are a bit rich but I make a point to whip some up atleast twice a year.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip
2 1/2 cups Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
1 cup Butter; Softened
1 cup Peanut Butter
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 cup of either chocolate chips,M&M's,chopped peanuts,watever you like or nothing at all.
Pre heat oven to 350 or 180 celcius. In a large bowl combine butter,both sugars,eggs and vanilla. Mix until blended and fluffy. Add in peanut butter and continue to blend in. At this point I do the rest by hand. I add in my one cup of add ins,the flour,salt,baking soda and the powder. I mix until it's totally blended in and then I roll them into balls. You can make these in teaspoon form or tablespoon..either way they come out. You can do the fork imprint on the cookie aswell but I wasnt able to with using chocolate chips. Bake for 10mins,cool on sheet for 2 mins and then move them over to a wire rack. These make alot so I usually make half and freeze the rest for a later time.