Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Honey Mustard Chicken

I am not good at creating my own recipes. I never trust myself enough to actually wing it and see how it comes out. I'm learning how to trust myself more and more and it makes cooking alot more fun. Tonight was one of those nights. I made my own version of honey mustard chicken with bacon and mozzarella cheese. This isnt a new recipe by any means and I'm pretty sure there are 100's of recipes like this out there but I don't care..I like this version:) The sauce can be doubled or halved,depending on how much sauce you like and you can add more or less of the mustard depending again on your preference.
Honey Mustard Chicken
5 Boneless Chicken Breasts
5 Bacon Slices:cooked
Mozzarella Cheese;Shredded
2 Eggs,slightly beaten
Plain Bread Crumbs
Honey Mustard Sauce:
3/4-1 cup Honey
Mustard to taste..I used about 3 tablespoons
cornstarch
Dip chicken breasts in egg and then into bread crumbs. Place in skillet with enough oil to fry in.When chicken is almost done start on the sauce. In a saucepan combine the honey and mustard;whisk until blended and cook on medium to low. I stirred it for about 5 minutes and then added in a small amount of cornstarch and continued to cook it until it became thicker. Turn off heat and take a spoon and pour the sauce over chicken breasts and then top with bacon and cheese. Place lid over the chicken and leave on until the cheese has melted. Serve chicken with extra sauce for dipping.