Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mint Cookies


I'm a huge mint fan. My favorite ice cream is chocolate with mint,I love eating Andes mints and I just love mint milkshakes! I of course can't find mint ice cream here(I'm so buying an ice cream maker this summer and making my own) and they don't sell the andes mint baking chips. However my Dad sent me some for christmas(thanks Dad and Carole:o) and Im saving those for a super special occasion. While I was grocery shopping the other day I spotted thin chocolate mint sticks that people would serve here with their coffee. A light bulb went off,I bought 6 boxes and came home to try it out. It worked and it's great! You will not enjoy this cookie unless you are a true mint fan. It's loaded with minty goodness and those who only sorta like mints will not appreciate what this cookie has to offer. It comes together quickly and has a nice soft inside.These cookies do not spread and keep a very nice shape so make sure to not make them to big or the cooking time will be off.
Andes Mint Cookies
1/2 cup Butter
3/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Sugar
2 Large Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Salt(if using salted butter leave this out)
2 2/3 cup Flour
1 Pkg.(10 oz) Andes Baking Chips or chopped up mints
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees or 180 celcius. In large mixing bowl cream the butter,both sugars,eggs and vanilla until smooth and fluffy. Combine flour,salt,baking powder and soda and add to mixture. Mix until just combined and then add in your mints. Mix in with wooden spoon. Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper and drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoon. Bake for 8-10mins,cool on sheet for 2 mins and then transfer to wire rack. Around 3 dozen or slightly more.