Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Deep Dish Pizza


Have you ever had a cooking slump that when you made any type of new recipe it just turned out bad? Now I dont honestly believe the recipe was bad,it was just bad in the sense it wasn't something we liked enough to want to make again. I've been having that issue lately. Then you combine that with getting over a stomach virus and anything having to do with food just was not appealing. I finally found a winner though. I made Southern Plate's Deep Dish Pizza lastnight and it was a hit all around. The only mistake I made was using pasta sauce instead of pizza. I couldnt find any in the store so I went with what I had. We still got the taste of what it should have been and minus that stupid mistake it would have been that much better. I really love this and plan to make it again very soon with pizza sauce. If you have a moment you should check her blog out. I just love reading all the stories that accompany her recipes.
Deep Dish Pizza
2 lbs Ground Beef(can use 1 lb ground sausage in place of 1 lb of beef)
1 medium Onion chopped(I added this too..Im so proud of myself)
1 cup Flour
15 ounce jar Pizza Sauce(please dont use pasta like I did)
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese;shredded
8 oz Mozzarella(I used alot more)
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup Milk
2 Eggs
1 TBLSP Oil
2 TBLSP Italian Seasoning
Add ins;mushrooms,pepperoni,peppers,olives..watver u like on your pizza
Pre heat oven to 350 or 180 celcius. Brown beef,onion and add ins;drain well. Add seasoning,pizza sauce and stir well. Grease a 13X9 pan and sprinkle mozzarella cheese over bottom. Spoon meat mixture over cheese. In a bowl combine the flour,eggs,milk,oil and salt; pour over meat mixture and top with parmesan cheese. Bake 30mins.