Saturday, January 24, 2009

Teriyaki Marinade


Do you know how hard it is to make chicken look appealing in a photo? I took a ton of pics and gave up because I was really hungry. This doesnt look all that great but the taste is so good. I got this recipe from Elle's New England Kitchen . Her original recipe called for 3 pounds of chicken wings. My husband has issues with eating chicken on the bone and in all honesty I can only imagine what 3 pounds of chicken wings would cost here. You can't buy in bulk here at all when it comes to meat. I really miss that. I have found family packs of chicken breasts but thats about it. The roasts are so small it's a joke and I have never seen the family sized packs of ground beef at all. What I did instead was buy two packages of thighs(8 in total) and I marinated them for almost two days. I popped them in the crockpot and cooked them on high for 4 hours. I de boned them,put them in the frying pan to crisp them up and served it that way. It was a huge hit here and a marinade I will make over and over again. I will give you the recipe in it's original form. There wont be any kids recipes this weekend. My oldest son has the flu so my time is spent taking care of him. Thats another reason I love crockpot cooking. You can throw everything in there and take care of other things without having to worry about dinner later on.
Teriyaki Marinade
3/4 cup Soy Sauce
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Oil
1/2 tsp. Ground Ginger(I used real)
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder(I used real..1 clove minced)
3 pounds Chicken Wings(I used 8 chicken thighs)
Mix all ingredients. Place wings or thighs into a glass bowl; pour mixture over and marinate for atleast 8 hours. Bake at 350 or 180 celcius for 1 hour..I placed mine in the crockpot and cooked on high for 4 hours using the thighs. She also mentioned that you could freeze the chicken with the marinade and thaw it later on to use.