Saturday, December 20, 2008

Spritz Cookies


I was sent a very large box from back home from my Dad and step mom and one of the things included was a complete cookie press. There were so many wonderful items in there that I can't get here in the netherlands and it's going to make baking and cooking even better. Thanks you two!! So today I made some spritz cookies. It always takes me a few sheets before I have the press working right but this one was really easy and I was squeezing out the fat little trees in no time. I put away a few in the freezer to enjoy at a later time. I'll be baking Sugar Cookies this week so stay tuned for that!
Spritz Cookies..several dozen
1 cup Butter
1 cup Sugar
1 large Egg
1 TBLSPN. Vanilla or 1 tsp. Almond Extract
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 1/2 Cups Flour
Decorations:sprinkles
Heat Oven to 350 degrees or 180 celcius. In a large bowl beat butter and sugar with a mixer on high speed for 5 mins or until light and fluffy. Add egg,vanilla or almond and salt,beat until blended. On low speed gradually add flour. Following the directions of your cookie press place dough into press and press out cookies about 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Decorate cookies with sprinkles. Bake fo 10-12 mins or until golden. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.