Saturday, December 13, 2008

Peanut Butter Crinkles


I guess Im on a "crinkle" phase now. I found this recipe on another bloggers site and the second I saw them I knew I had to add it to my christmas baking list. I like anything that doesnt require a mass amount of time in the kitchen. It's not that I don't enjoy being in there but if you had a typical dutch kitchen then you would understand. I have a rather small kitchen with annoying counter tops and it makes rolling anything out a real pain. I am forever trying to invent new places to put items and I officially ran out of space along time ago. I'm going to attempt cinnamon rolls soon wich will be very interesting to say the least.
These peanut butter crinkles have a wonderful flavor to them and they arent over powering in the peanut butter area. You make them very much the same as my other crinkle cookies except here you gently smush the tops with the bottom of a glass. Super simple,great taste and perfect for giving away.
Peanut Butter Crinkles..makes several dozen;perfect for freezing
1 cup Butter
1 cup Peanut Butter
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup White Sugar
2 Eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla
2 1/2 cups Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 cup Powdered Sugar or more for rolling
In bowl cream butter and peanut butter;add in sugar and brown sugar and mix until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Whisk together flour,baking powder,soda and salt. Gently add to creamed mixture and mix until almost combined. Chill for 20mins. Heat oven to 350 or 180 celcius. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll tablespoons full of of dough into balls and roll into powdered sugar;place on baking sheet. Carefully press down on each ball with a glass to flatten tops slightly. Bake 10-12mins or until tops are crinkly and edges are set. Cool for one minute and transfer to wire rack.