Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies


On a recent trip to a german grocery store my husband spotted small boxes of semi sweet chocolate chips. I was super excited because I cant find these in the netherlands. I was a bit miffed about the price but it was something I needed to try incase I needed them in a pinch. Thanks to my Dad and step mom I have a few bags to keep me going for awhile but I can't always expect them to send me baking items. I also found and bought a few cans of evaporated and condensed milk for some recipes I wanted to try. So today while cleaning up around the house I decided to try out these chips. I used a no frills recipe that produces a nice soft cake like cookie. The chips worked perfectly and if I can get over the price I will buy these when needed..why can't they sell peanubutter and mint flavored ones aswell??
Basic Chocolate Chip Cookies..several dozen
1 cup Butter,softened
1/2 cup Sugar
1 cup packed Brown Sugar
1 tspn. Vanilla
2 Eggs
2 1/2 cups Flour
1 tspn. Baking Soda
1 tspn. Salt
2 cups semisweet Chocolate Chips
Preaheat oven to 375 or 190 celcius. In a large bowl cream together the butter,sugars,eggs and vanilla;mix until smooth. Combine the flour,baking soda and salt;stir into batter and mix in chocolate chips by hand using wooden spoon. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 mins or until edges are golden. Make sure to not over bake these. They can go from a pale-ish golden color to dark in a matter of mins. Cool on sheet for 1 min and transfer to wire rack. They will be really soft at first but the longer they set the softer and more firm they become. Best served with one tall glass of ice cold milk.