Sunday, December 7, 2008

Cheese,Bacon & Potato Tart


I've been gone for a few days. My husband surprised me with a quick trip to London,England for my birthday and our anniversary. I had the time of my life and hope to go back again someday. I loved the food and the people and it's something I will never forget. We walked the entire time and needless to say I am beat down and having a hard time getting back into the swing of things. This is why this tart is so perfect! It only requires a few ingredients and you can leave it in the oven for an hour while you rest your feet in the morning:) The recipe calls for a 8 inch circle pan but I dont have one yet so I used my 8X8 square and it worked perfectly. Goes great with eggs and fresh fruit!
Cheese,Bacon&Potato Tart...serves 4-6
1 TBLSPN.Butter
1 lb. Bacon
1-1 1/2 lbs potatoes,peeled,sliced and divided
2 cups shredded Cheese
salt and pepper to taste
Heat oven to 400 degrees or 200 celcius
Spread butter in a 8 inch round pan,place bacon over butter,arranging in a spoke like fashion. Bring bacon up the sides and over the edge of the pan. Top with half the potatoes;sprinkle seasoning and half the cheese. Layer with remaining potatoes,season again and top with second half of cheese. Fold ends of bacon slices across the top; bake for about one hour or until potatoes are tender.

1 comment:

A Touch of Dutch said...

The combination was enough to make my mouth water! Yum × 100!