Tuesday, November 11, 2008

French Toast


If I was on death row and was only allowed one breakfast meal, this would be it. I love french toast that much. I like the simplicity of this dish and can be made at anytime. I made it for dinner tonight because breakfast for dinner is really cool. I served it along with scrambled eggs and bacon. There are many different ways to make this, including stuffed french toast, but I like it this way, with butter and maple flavored syrup. The vanilla and cinnamon add a very nice touch to this and one you will be glad you added.
French Toast
2 beaten Eggs
1/2 cup Milk
1/4 tspn. Vanilla
1/8 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
5 slices of White Bread or 5 1-inch slices of french bread
1 TBLSPN butter or cooking oil
Maple-flvaored syrup
In a shallow bowl beat together the eggs,milk,vanilla and cinnamon. Dip bread into egg mixture coating both sides(if using french bread,let is soak for 30 seconds on each side). In a skillet over medium heat,melt butter and add bread and cook on each side for 2-3 mins or until golden brown; add more butter as needed. Serve with butter and syrup. Makes 5 slices