Saturday, November 8, 2008

Crockpot Stuffed Peppers


This is a super basic recipe for stuffed peppers. I have never made these before so I didn't have any expectations when I made them. It's a good thing too since I wasn't a big fan of these. My new crockpot is totally awesome when it comes to cooking up the food..FAST!lol almost to fast. I have yet to have a recipe come out in the time it has stated. I am going to test it out with cooking a large roast in the next few days. Anyway back to this recipe. I think it would have been alot better if I pulled them out close to 2 hours before it was supposed to be done. The peppers were pretty mushy but the meat and rice stayed super moist and that was the best part of it all. I know alot of other stuffed peppers recipes call for tomato sauce but my husband isn't a huge fan of the red sauces so I left it out..next time I will add just a bit of it to give it a better flavor.
Crockpot Stuffed Peppers
6 large Peppers
1 lb ground beef,slightly browned(I used 2lbs)
2 TBLPSNS Minced Onion
1 tsp. Salt
1/8 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 cup cooked Rice
15 oz can Tomato Sauce
3/4 cup Shredded Cheese
Grease a large crockpot(I used a 6 quart). Cut tops off of peppers and take all the seeds out. If you want you can put the tops back on when you put them in the crockpot but I decided to leave mine off. Combine the rest of the ingredients,mix well and gently stuff all the peppers. I used 2 cups of cheese in the mixture aswell and couldnt tell there was any when we ate them. I would still add some but wait until the last 30mins to add your 3/4 cup to the top of the peppers. Cover and cook on love 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours. ** I would also like to add that you can infact use raw hamburger when mixing it all up. I have issues with using raw meat like that but only because I worry about the greasy factor and not getting done when it's packed in there but I think Im the only one with that issue since most recipes call for you to use raw hamburger meat**