Saturday, October 4, 2008

Taco Bell Sauce


One of the fast food places we miss is Taco Bell..well my husband and oldest son miss it more than I do. They loved the quesadillas there and although I can make my own we still missed the special sauce that came along with it. I searched online for a copy cat recipe and found one that got really good reviews. I made it lastnight and my husband loved it. He said it had the right amount of kick that the original had. I tried some aswell and thought it was pretty good. I am not a fan of overly spicey sauces or food so it took one normal size bottled water for me to eat half of a quesadilla. So all you expats out there who are missing Taco Bell give this a try at home.







Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce
1/4 cup Mayonaise
2 tsp minced Jalapeno slices
2 tsp Jalapeno juice..from the jar
3/4 tsp. Sugar
1/2 tsp. Cumin
1/2 tsp. Paprika
1/8 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1/8tsp. Garlic Powder
Dash of salt.
** Mix all together and spread on either one or two of your soft tacos and then make you quesadilla as normal. If you want to re create a taco bell quesadilla it calls for steak or chicken and one cup each of cheddar cheese and monterey jack. You also need 2 slices of american cheese or more cheese if you dont want to use those. I havent tried it this way yet but we plan to. The sauce makes enough for two quesadillas or more if you go less on the sauce.