Sunday, October 5, 2008

Spicy Potato Wedges


I realise this isnt the most attractive photo but that shouldn't stop you from trying this recipe. If you are looing for a side dish of potatoes with a "kick" then this is for you. I made homemade sloppy joe's lastnight and this went perfect with it. I have stopped telling my youngest son what certain ingredients are when Im cooking and the result has been him cleaning his plate and asking for seconds for the past year. This isnt so spicy that you cant serve it to kids but if they do have an issue with it then by all means possibly leave some of the ingredients out. I didnt put the Cayenne pepper in it but only because we didn't have any.
Spicy Potato Wedges
1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
1 TBLSPN Chili Powder
2 tspns. Onion Powder
2 tspns. Garlic Salt
1 tspn. Sugar
1 tspn. Paprika
3/4 tspn. Salt
1/4 to 1/2 tspns. Cayenne Pepper
3 1/2 lbs. Large Red Potatoes,cut into wedges( I used regular potatoes instead)
In a lrge bowl combine the first 8 ingredients; add potatoes and toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer on greased baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees or 200 celcius for 30-35mins or until potatoes are tender and golden brown,turning once. Serves 4-5. I put all of mine on one sheet and baked it for close to an hour.