Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Cupcakes


Happy Halloween!! Our celebration is now very low key since we have moved to another country. However that doesn't stop us from having a good time at home. A friend back home sent me cupcake liners and toppers to make our day more special and I totally appreciate it. I got up this morning and started in on the cupcakes for the boys as a surprise for when they come home. I made extra to make sure they could also share with a few of their dutch friends. This is a moist chocolate cupcake and is very airy and this is my go to chocolate cupcake recipe from now on!
Cocoa Cupcakes~18 cupcakes
2 cups Cake Flour(I used self rising)
1 1/2 cups Sugar
3/4 cup Cocoa(I used unsweetened)
1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 1/2 cups Buttermilk
1/2 cup Butter,softened
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 or 180 celcius
In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar.Add in eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add Cocoa powder and buttermilk,mix on low speed at first making sure to scrap the bowl on all sides and then bring the speed up more to mix it well. Add your baking soda and salt to you flour and add in a little at a time to batter. Mix until just blended and fill your cupcake liners..how much depends on how many cucpakes you wanted. I filled mine a little over half. Bake 20mins,cool and frost.