Sunday, October 19, 2008

Crock Pot Marinated Chicken


I had made a crockpot meatloaf the other day and decided not to blog about it. The reason being is that it was the first and last time I will ever make one in the crockpot as long as I live. There is something really gross about cooking raw meat in it's own fatty juices all day and when you take it out it has a thick layer of fat underneath the meat..eewww! I've never had that with anything else I have cooked in a crockpot and I will never forget it either.

I found this recipe from another website and decided to give it a go. The trick with this recipe is to make sure you marinate the chicken overnight. It keeps the meat super moist and it makes all the difference in my opinion. I made the mistake of pairing this chicken with nasi rice wich wasnt good at all. You have two totally different flavors begging for your attention. What this chicken cries out for is either asian noodles or fried rice. I ended up going back into the kitchen and pouring some of the marinate juice over it all and then it was perfect. I used a teenie weenie chicken since I have yet to find a fatty here so mine was done in 3 hours. I will give you the original time although I need to say that alot of people complained on the website saying it was to long of a time and was done in about 4 hours. So keep that in mind if you decide to make this.
Crockpot Marinated Chicken
1 (3lb whole chicken),skin removed
1/2 cup Chicken Broth
1/3 cup Soy Sauce
1/3 cup Olive Oil
1/4 cup Honey
1 tspn Worcestershire Sauce
2 tspns Balsamic Vinegar
2 tspns Lemon Juice
1 tspn Sesame Oil
2 tspns minced Garlic
Remove skin from chicken and empty inner cavity of contents within. Pat dry and place in a bowl or large zip lick bag. In a bowl combine all other ingredients and mix well. Pour over chicken and marinate overnight,turning once or twice. Place chicken in crock pot,pour juice over the top..making sure the breast side is down,cover and cook on low 8 or high 4 hours. The first time you make this I would really watch to see how long it takes or you could come home to a seriously dried up chicken.