Friday, September 5, 2008

Snickerdoodles


Snickerdoodles remind me of something your grandma would bake..they have an old fashioned element to them that is wonderful. I whipped these up this morning and when my boys came home for lunch they mentioned how nice the house smelled..like a cookie factory: ) It took me several batches to get it down right. I made several of them to small wich resulted in a crunchier cookie wich my husband just loved. I made them into 1 inch balls wich the recipe called for and thats when I got the big fluffy cookie. I will be making these again very soon. The recipe says to leave the dough in the fridge until chilled to make it easier to roll into balls. I made the dough lastnight and let it sit until this morning and it was very easy to work with.
Soft Snickerdoodle Cookies
1 cup Butter
1 1/2 cups Sugar
2 Large Eggs
2 3/4 cups Flour
1 tspn Baking Soda
2 tspsns Cream of Tartar
1/4 tspn Salt
3 TBLSPNS Sugar
3 tspns Cinnamon
** Mix butter,sugar and eggs throughly in a large bowl. Combine flour,cream of tartar,baking soda and salt in a seperate bowl. Blend dry ingredients in butter mixture. Chill dough in fridge. In a seperate bowl combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon. Roll one inch balls between your hands and then rool into sugar/cinnamon mixture. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10mins;Remove from sheet immediately.