Thursday, September 4, 2008

Poor Man's Steak


I got this recipe after reading about it on another blog. I headed over to her blog and jotted down the recipe myself. I will include the link to her blog at the end. This meal starts the night before wich is just perfect for me. I wanted to get some other things done today and was able to now. The meal was comfort food at it's best and will become a permanent fixture at our table. My two sons actually licked the plates clean..lol http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/2008/08/simple-womans-day-book.html
POOR Man's Steak
1 cup Water
1 cup Cracker Crumbs
1 tspn Salt
1 lb Ground Beef
All Purpose Flour
2-3 TBLSPNS Butter
1 (10 3/4) can Condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup Milk
** Line a pan with sayran wrap or in my case aluminum foil and make it big enough to wrap over and cover the meat mixture. Mix the 1st 4 ingredients together and pat down into pan;cover and put in fridge over night. Next day cut meat into 6 slab and coat with flour making sure to shake off any excess. Melt the butter in a pan and brown the meat on both sides. Place into 9x15 pan. Mix the cream of mushroom soup with the one cup of milk and bake at 160 celcius or 350 degrees for 35-45 mins. Serve with mashed potatoes and a veggie.