Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Crescent Chicken Roll Ups


I havent been able to find refridgerated biscuits here yet but they atleast have the crescent rolls. After talking to a friend about how she makes her chicken rolls I decided to give it a go myself. I learned that next time I need to stuff them less because if you dont you tend to end up with a somewhat doughy middle. How much and what you use as your chicken mixture is up to you. You could infact get pretty creative with these but the basics include cut up pieces of chicken( I made a roasted chicken the day before and put some extra chicken aside for this),shredded cheese and cream cheese. There is no set amount to use so eyeballing it is what I suggest. Here is a rough recipe for it.
Chicken Rolls Ups
1 container of crescent rolls
1/2-1 cup cooked cubed or shredded chicken
1 cup or more shredded cheese
6 pieces of bacon,cooked and crumbled
One packet of cream cheese;using only enough to mix it together
Mix all ingredients together. Unroll the crescent rolls and put a small amount of the mixture just bellow the wide part of the dough. I used to much so next time I will try maybe 2-3 tablespoons. You want to make sure the rolls will cook all the way threw. Starting at the wide end of the dough,roll it over the mixture,pinching the edges to seal and place seem side down on the baking sheet. Bake according to the crescent roll instructions..mine was 200 celcius for 10-12 mins. Serves 6. I made a cheese sauce to go on top of mine but you dont have to or you could use maybe a mushroom sauce isntead.