Sunday, September 7, 2008

Buttermilk Muffins


These muffins come from a resturant called Mimi's Cafe. It's a resturant my step mom loves to go to. I was thinking about her and when I saw this recipe on another website I knew I had to make them. I remember going there with her once and we had a giant pumpkin muffin and it was so good. I wish I could get a recipe for that one. I think the boys will be extra happy this week with my muffin choice for them. The original recipe also called for chopped walnuts but I didnt have any so I left those out.

Buttermilk Muffins
2 1/2 cups Flour
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Nutmeg
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Butter,softened
3 Eggs
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
3/4 cup plus 1 TBLSPN Buttermilk
Topping
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
Whisk together flour,baking soda and nutmeg. Set aside. Cream butter and sugar until smooth;add eggs. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk,beating just until combined. Fill cups 3/4 full making sure to either grease the muffin tins or use paper liners and sprinkle 1 tblspn of topping on top. Bake at 375 degrees or 190 celcius for 20-25 mins or until tooth pick comes out clean. On a side note I never used 1 tablespoon of the topping on each one. I actually thought that was to much and just used 1 teaspoon. Makes around 12