Monday, August 11, 2008

My Favorite Cookie Recipe


Everyone has their favorite cookie recipe and this is mine. I love cookies that are crisp NOT crunchy along the edges and are nice and soft in the middle. My husband told me once while we were in the U.S. that you wouldnt find soft cookies in the netherlands because a soft cookie is considered to be old. I have to say, I havent really found a soft cookie here. Anyway I cant take credit for this recipe. I stumbled upon it on another cooking blog. If you look to the right click on Bake or Break..man she has the best recipes on there! This is the perfect cookie recipe and although hers calls for chocolate chips I used peanubutter chocolate chips..yum yum. Those were a gift from a friend and I used my last bag today. They seriously need to start selling peanut butter and chocolate chips here..get with the program already! lol It was the first day back to school for my two sons and I wanted to make them something special.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 Cup Butter,softened..make sure you use real butter,it makes all the difference!!
1 cup Sugar
1 cup packed Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
2 cups Flour
1 tspn Baking Powder
1 tspn Baking Soda
1/2 tspn Salt
2 1/2 cups Oats
one bag of your favorite flavored chocolate chips
** Mix butter,sugar,brown sugar,eggs and vanilla..mix until smooth. Add your flour,baking powder,baking salt and salt;mixing until it's combined. Unless you have a powerful mixer..wich I dont yet you should mix the oats and chips with a wooden spoon. Her original recipe called for the oats to be placed into a food processor and blended until finely ground. I didnt do it only because I noticed the oats here in the netherlands are smaller than what I got in the U.S. and I didnt have a processor to begin with. Heat oven to 375 and drop my spoonful onto a cookie sheet. Bake 8-10mins. They are the best when they are warm:o)