Thursday, August 7, 2008

Brownies



Today was a lazy day. It was pretty humid out so what did I do? I made a batch of brownies and watched re runs of the Roseanne show! LOL I am buying the complete series off of a dutch website called bol.com. They have an english section and I just happend to think about it and typed it in. Sure enough they have them. I just finished watching the complete first series over the last few days. I could of been doing a million other things but I didn't care. The brownies I made today are far from perfect. I'm super picky about my brownies. I don't like frosting on them and they need to be dense and chewy. I got this recipe off of a Hershey's website because I had all the ingredients it called for. It's almost cake like wich I didnt like. If I wanted a chocolate cake I would have made that. However if you are in a pinch and dont have baking chocolate on hand to melt like most recipes call for then I suppose this will do. Im in search of the perfect brownie recipe though.

Hershey Chocolate Brownies

1/2 cup(1 stick) butter,melted

1 cup sugar

1 tspn Vanilla

2 Eggs

1/2 cup Flour

1/3 cup Cocoa

1/4 tspn Baking Powder

1/4 tspn Salt

1/2 chopped nuts(optional)

** Heat ven to 350.Grease a 9 inch square pan. Stir together the butter,sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Add eggs,beat well with a spoon. Stir together the flour,cocoa,baking powder,and salt; gradually add to egg mixture,beating until well blended. Bake 20-25 mins or until brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool completely in a pan in wire rack. At this point you can either frost them or eat them as they are.**