Saturday, August 9, 2008

Baked Fish


Wow I seriously need to take a course in how to take a picture of food in a more appealing way..lol By the time I have the food on the plate I dont feel like taking a proper photo of it but I can see that I need to work on this a bit..lol
I've been combing threw the pages of the few cookbooks I have with me and I spotted one that looked easy enough and decided to give it a go. Im not a huge fish eater. I don't like the fishy taste so it's important for me to find mild tasteing one. I picked up some frozen Tilapia and decided to use that with this recipe. I think next time I will spend the extra money and get Cod..I wasnt overly impressed with the taste of this fish. I do like the recipe though and everyone ate it all and said they loved it so overall if you like fish give this recipe a chance!
Baked Fish
1 cup Sour Cream
2 TBLSPNS Onion Soup Mix
1 1/2 cups Seasoned Bread Crumbs
2 1/2 pounds Fresh or Frozen fish fillets,thawed
1/4 cup butter,melted
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
** In a shallow bowl combine sour cream and onion soup mix. Place bread crumbs in another shallow bowl. Cut fish into serviving size pieces,coat with sour cream mixture,then roll into crumbs. Place into one or two greased large pans and drizzle with melted butter. Bake uncovered at 425 degrees for 12 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 2-6 mins longer or until fish flakes easy** I sort of strayed away from the recipe. I didnt have sour cream so I used mayonaise and added in half of the onion soup mix. I also didnt have bread crumbs so I crushed a few handfuls of pringles and added the rest of the onion soup mix. I didnt bother adding any cheese because dang I didnt have that either..lol My husband really liked it. He didnt think the onion soup mix would match with the fish but he said it went really well together. The kids asked for seconds so I must have done something right. I served it with green beans and I boiled some potatoes earlier this morning and fried those up.